Fall Tournaments Announced
The Fall lineup of Outdoor and Indoor tournaments has been announced and posted in the USSSA Website. Remember the 2015 season begins 8/1/14. So you will need to register your team for 2015 to enter these. The Outdoor events are all 1- Day Tournaments. Play your pool and elimination games all in one day and still have your Sundays to do other things.
Fall Outdoor Tournaments
- 9/20/14, Fall Brawl 1-Day Tournament (12U, 14U, 16U/18U), East Hartford, CT
- 10/4/14, OktoberFAST 1-Day Tournament (12U, 14U, 16U/18U), East Hartford, CT
- 10/25/14, USSSA Dudley 1-Day College Showcase (16U, 18U), East Hartford, CT
Fall Indoor Tournaments at Fastpitch Nation
- 11/1-2/14, FPN 10U Fall Classic, Bloomfield, CT
- 11/8-9/14, FPN 12U Fall Classic, Bloomfield, CT
- 11/15-16/14, FPN 14U Fall Classic, Bloomfield, CT
- 11/22-23/14, FPN 16/18UU Fall Classic, Bloomfield, CT
New Bat Rules in Effect Jan, 1, 2014
A new bat standard went into effect January 1, 2014. This means that a bat must display the stamp to the left for it to be legal for use.
Recall that this requirement was announced in 2011 in order to give everyone ample time to conform to the new standards.
Effective January 1, 2014 all bats used for USSSA Fastpitch softball play must:
- Have the new permanent USSSA Mark on its taper exactly as in the image to the right OR
- Be a Wood Bat
ALL of the above must be manufactured by an approved USSSA Bat License
For more detailed info, Click Here.
2014 USSSA World Series Schedule
No organization runs a "National" like USSSA. The dates and locations of the USSSA World Series have been announced. In 2014 there will be more than 50 World Series events across the country in every division of fastpitch softball including the top USSSA National event at Disney's ESPN Wide World of Sports. The USSSA true National World Series event is called the "Road to Orlando" at ESPN Wide World of Sports in Disney World. At Disney there are events for A, B and C teams for 8U, 10U, 11U, 12U, 13U, 14U, 15U, 16U and 18U. New this year is there is no qualification process for this event. Any USSSA team can play. USSSA has World Series events in each region for teams that want a national experience but want to stay within driving distance of home.
July 12th - July 19th: 8U, 10A/B/C, 11U, 12A/B/C, 13U, 14B/C
July 19th - July 26th: 14A, 16A/B/C, 18A/B/C
Eastern World Series held in Ocean City, Maryland, for these levels:
July 16-20, 10U Open, 10C, 12U Open, 12C
July 22-27, 14U A, B, & C
July 28-Aug 2, 16U Open, 16C, 18U Open, 18C
Eastern World Series held in Lexington, SC for 12 for this level:
July 16-20, 12UB
Eastern World Series held in Quakertown, PA for 12 for this level:
July 14-19, 16UB
Eastern World Series held in Maumee, OH for 12 for these levels:
July 16-19, 11U Open, 13U Open, 15U Open
Earning a World Series Berth
There are many ways to to earn a berth to play in a USSSA World Series Tournament.
- Berths are awarded to teams based on their order of finish in a tournament and based on the number of teams that were in your division. The more teams, the more berths.
- Berths are awarded to teams that co-host or host a USSSA tournament.
- At-Large berths are awarded to any team that plays in 3 or more CT USSSA outdoor tournaments.
- NEW in 2014 the Road to Orlando tournament at Disney has no qualification requirement. It's open to any USSSA team.
- Read more about earning a berth to the USSSA World Series.
CT USSSA has partnered with sportsteamhotels.com to provide teams with comprehensive hotel booking services at the best prices. Sportsteamshotels.com has set up all the room blocks for all out tournaments at the best and most convenient hotels near our fields. Contact Reece Oslinker at (877) 258-8281or E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.