THE 2017 SEASON HAS BEGUN. REGISTER YOUR TEAM NOW!
CLICK HERE FOR ALL THE USSSA TOURNAMENTS IN NEW ENGLAND
STAY ON TOP OF THE WEATHER AND FIELD CONDITIONS WITH RAINOUT LINE
Winter Indoor Midnight Madness Tournaments Posted
All events are at Fastpitch Nation in Bloomfield, CT
- Jan. 28 (10pm) to Jan. 29, 2017 (8am) - 14U or 16U teams (combined).
- Feb. 4 (10pm) to Feb. 11, 2017 (8am) - 16U or 18U teams (combined).
- Feb. 11 (10pm) to Feb. 12, 2017 (8am) - 14U or 16U teams (combined).
- Feb. 18 (10pm) to Feb. 19, 2017 (8am) - 16U or 18U teams (combined).
- Feb. 25 (10pm) to Feb. 26, 2017 (8am )- 14U or 16U teams (combined).
- Mar. 4 (10pm) to Mar. 5, 2017 (8am) - 16U or 18U teams (combined).
6th Annual USSSA Dudley College Showcase Scheduled for July 21-23, 2017
This showcase has become one of the top events in the region and fills up fast.
We have updated the format of this event to meet demand
- 9 of 10 Fenced Playing Fields at P&W Complex and McAuliffe Park
- NEW Format of 6 Game Guarantee over 3 days (Friday, Saturday and Sunday 2 GAMES PER TEAM EACH DAY).
- Fastpitch Nation will once again sponsor the individual showcase camp on the Thursday before the tournament (July 21, 2016).
- In 2015 we were FULL with 70 teams and nearly 50 college coaches in attendance.
All USSSA Tournaments in CT are now "Stay to Play" in Partnership with CT Sports and Convention Bureau
- We have partnered with the state the past 2 seasons for the Dudley Showcase and USSSA World Series and teams have loved it.
- We have agreed with our hotel partners to move to Stay to Play as this allows them to block out sufficient rooms and guarantee the lowest rates.
- Our hotels are contractually obligated to give you the same great rates they offer direct or online.
- Without this partnership with the hotels and teams taking advantage of this process CT USSSA would not be able to provide as high a quality tournament and all the amenities that go with it without significant increases in tournament fees.
All teams needing hotels must book their hotels through the Connecticut Convention & Sports Bureau website they made especially for our tournaments. If there is a hotel you want to use that does not appear in our inventory just let us know and the CTCSB will contact them to try to have them added. CT USSSA and the Connecticut Convention & Sports Bureau (CTCSB) have worked hard with our hotel partners to provide teams with a great inventory of team-friendly and quality hotel properties all at excellent prices. Most properties include FREE breakfast FREE parking and a pool. Our hotel inventory has all the name brand hotels teams come to expect such as Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, Holiday Inn, Best Western, Marriott, Comfort Inn and more.
There are no exceptions to this policy. Local teams are not obligated to use a hotel. But teams that are staying in hotels must use the USSSA system to book their room blocks.
To Book your hotels go to this website set up for the CT USSSA tournaments: https://ctmeetings-housing.org/venues/venue_events/13/
We have a dedicated resource at the state to answer questions about booking your room or anything related to hotels please contact:
Online Housing Coordinator
Connecticut Convention & Sports Bureau
One Constitution Plaza 2nd Flr.
Hartford CT 06103
Guest Player Program
One of the most frequent requests we get is what to do when injuries or other unforeseen circumstances leave a team short or with insufficient pitchers or catchers to compete in a tournament. We have decided to follow the lead of some other USSSA states and implement a GUEST PLAYER PROGRAM for events played in CT, MA or RI. A Guest Player is defined as a player borrowed from another team (from inside or outside the team's organization) for a specific tournament under specific circumstances. For all the details, Click Here.
Earning a World Series Berth
There are many ways to to earn a berth to play in a USSSA World Series Tournament.
Berths are awarded to teams based on their order of finish in a tournament and based on the number of teams that were in your division. The more teams, the more berths.
Berths are awarded to teams that co-host or host a USSSA tournament.
At-Large berths are awarded to any team that plays in 2 or more CT USSSA 2016 season tournaments.
In 2016 the Road to Orlando tournament at Disney has no qualification requirement. It's open to any USSSA team.
A, B or C. What is my Team?
The main objective for team classification is allowing teams to play within their skill level and bring parity to the USSSA program.
This allows USSSA to develop tournaments or divisions within a tournament for different classes. It also allows teams to play in the correct bracket at any USSSA World Series event. Briefly A is for the very top teams that consistently challenge to win most tournaments they enter. B is for the majority of teams who are a solid and competitive travel team. C is for new teams, weaker travel teams or town based teams that do not compete regularly on the primary travel team circuit. Read more for details about classifying your team.
USSSA Insurance - More Coverage and Less Cost than ASA or PONY
USSSA offers the most complete line of insurance at the lowest cost of any sanctioning body.
USSSA offers both full year and half year coverage, choice of deductibles and and NO AGGREGATE limit on claims. The policy is good for all play in USSSA, ASA, NSA, PONY and others. Read more about USSSA insurance.
CT USSSA Needs Umpires for 2017
CT USSSA is looking to increase the numbers of umpires for 2017.
CT USSSA always needs more experienced college, high school and travel ball umpires as well as novices looking to get started in umpiring.