2015 CT USSSA Fastpitch Tournament Registration is Underway! Register Today!
The USSSA 2015 season is underway with more tournament options than ever and some very special events as well. Here are the highlights.
- 43 tournaments in CT for the 2015 season.
- 2 Mega-Tournaments. The NEW Memorial Day Classic and The Firecracker on the 4th. Both are 7-Game guarantee 3-day tournaments.
- 4th Annual USSSA Dudley College Showcase.
- State Championships for 18U, 16U, 14U, 12U and 10U
- 9 "C" Level tournaments.
- 2 Women's Tournaments.
Indoor Winter Tournament Schedule at Fastpitch Nation
The winter indoor tournament lineup has been announced and posted in the USSSA Website. The Christmas Week Tournaments are all 1- Day Tournaments. Midnight Madness Tournaments Start at 10pm and end at 8am the following morning.
Christmas Week Tournaments at Fastpitch Nation
- 12/26/2014 - Fastpitch Nation 18U/16U 1-Day Christmas Tournament
- 12/27/2014 - Fastpitch Nation 14U 1-Day Christmas Tournament
- 12/28/2014 - Fastpitch Nation 12U 1-Day Christmas Tournament
Midnight Madness Tournaments at Fastpitch Nation
- 1/24-25/2015 - FPN Midnight Madness I 14U/16U (FULL)
- 2/7-8/2015 - FPN Midnight Madness II 16U/18U
- 3/7-8/2015 - FPN Midnight Madness III 14U/16U
Play 4 and Save More Discounts
Only CT USSSA offers teams discounts for their loyalty. The more you play the more you save. Play 4 or more and take $40 off each tournament.
Each team that plays in 4 or more CT USSSA Spring and Summer Tournaments run by CT State Director, David Rocha, at the Pratt & Whitney Fields and pays by Check for 4 or more tournaments by March 1, 2015 take $40 off each tournament's fee. That's a minimum of $160 in savings. The more you play the more you save! You must pay by check for this special offer and all payments must be made by march 1, 2015 or when the tournament is full to receive the discount. This discount does not apply to USSSA tournaments run by other hosts.
Two 7-Game Guarantee, 3-day Tournaments - NEW Memorial Day Classic & Firecracker on the 4th
These are the destination tournaments of the season right here in CT. There are no other 7 game guarantee, 3-day tournaments anywhere in New England.
- Memorial Day Classic, 5/23-25/15 (Sat-Mon)
- Firecracker on the 4th - 7/3-5/15 (Fri-Sun)
- 3 pool games on each of the first 2 days.
- Final day is single elimination. The winner can potentially get 10 games over 3 days.
- Age groups 14U, 12U, 10U (Memorial Day) and 18U, 16U, 14U (4th of July)
4th Annual USSSA Dudley College Showcase Scheduled for July 24-26
This showcase has become one of the top events in the region and fills up fast.
- 42 (16U & 18U) Teams to Play
- 7 Fenced Playing Fields at P&W Complex
- Format of 5 Game Guarantee over 3 days (Friday, Saturday and Sunday).
- 4 Pool Games Friday and Saturday (2 each day) and a Blind Draw Single Elimination on Sunday for 16U and 18U Divisions.
- Fastpitch Nation will once again sponsor the individual showcase camp on the Thursday before the tournament (July 23).
CT State Championships 10U-18U
There are state championships for every youth level. These tournaments are open to teams from any state.\
- 10U Open and 10UC, 5/30-31/15
- 12UA, 12UB, 12UC, 5/31-31/15
- 14UA, 14UB, 14UC, 6/20-21/15
- 16UA, 16UB, 16UC, 6/27-28/15
- 18U Open, 6/27-28/15
- A, B and C levels allow teams to play amongst teams of similar strength and allows for many more teams to go deep and more teams to win and earn berths. Teams may play up to a higher level if they desire.
9 "C" Level Tournaments in 2015 & New Way to Register a "C" Team
This season we have 5 tournaments with C divisions and 4 tournaments exclusively for C teams. Of course C teams are also free to play up into other tournaments. Below are the "C" events/divisions:
- 4/25-26/15, Spring Madness. C" Divisions for 14UC, 12UC, 10UC
- 5/2-3/15, Queens of Diamonds "C" Divisions for 14UC, 12UC, 10UC
- 5/17-18/15, May Magic "C" Divisions for 14UC, 12UC, 10UC
- 5/30-31/115, CT State Championship, 10UC
- 6/6-7/15, Hurricane on the Hill, 16UC, 14UC, 12UC, 10UC
- 6/20-21/15, CT State Championship, 14UC
- 6/27-28/15, CT State Championship, 16UC
- 6/27-28, Fastpitch Frenzy 14UC, 12UC
- 7/11-12/15, Summer Spectacular 16UC, 14UC, 12UC, 10UC
New "C" Team Registration Process for 2015
As part of USSSA's continuing effort to ensure that the right teams play at the right division of play, USSSA has made a change to the team sanctioning process for "C" teams. To sanction a team as a "C" Division, the coach must first create a team in the system as an A or B team (the option to sanction as C is no longer available through the web site) and then request that their state USSSA director, (David Rocha, in New England and Gary Godden in NY) change the team to the appropriate division.
USSSA Women's Fastpitch Events
Attention all 23U and Women's Fastpitch teams. CT USSSA has announced the summer lineup of USSSA Women's Tournaments. In USSSA players are NOT restricted to 23U. Players can be ANY age.
- 6/13-14/15, Hurricane on the Hill
- 7/17-19/15, CT Brakettes Women's Open
2015 USSSA World Series Dates for Non-Disney Sites to be Announced
The Dates, locations and age groups for the Non-Disney USSSA World Series will be announced during the USSSA National Convention the week of Nov 17.
The Road to Orlando World Series at Disney has been announced.
Earning a World Series Berth
There are many ways to to earn a berth to play in a USSSA World Series Tournament.
- Berths are awarded to teams based on their order of finish in a tournament and based on the number of teams that were in your division. The more teams, the more berths.
- Berths are awarded to teams that co-host or host a USSSA tournament.
- At-Large berths are awarded to any team that plays in 3 or more CT USSSA outdoor tournaments.
- In 2015 the Road to Orlando tournament at Disney has no qualification requirement. It's open to any USSSA team.
- Read more about earning a berth to the USSSA World Series.
CT USSSA has partnered with sportsteamhotels.com to provide teams with comprehensive hotel booking services at the best prices. Sportsteamshotels.com has set up all the room blocks for all out tournaments at the best and most convenient hotels near our fields. Contact Reece Oslinker at (877) 258-8281or E-mail to email@example.com.
CT USSSA Needs Umpires for 2015
CT USSSA is looking to increase the numbers of umpires for 2015.
CT USSSA always needs more experienced college, high school and travel ball umpires as well as novices looking to get started in umpiring.