Two of the longest running and best tournament providers in CT have moved their events to USSSA for 2018.
- Southington LIghtning has moved their Fall Tournament (Oct. 7-8) and all Their summer events to USSSA for 2018.
- The Shoreline Sting has moved their Shoreline Stinger (July 28-29, 2018) to USSSA.
For more info and to register for these tournaments, Click Here.
CT USSSA Partners with State of CT Convention and Sports Bureau For Tournament Hotels
All teams needing hotels must book their hotels through the Connecticut Convention & Sports Bureau website they made especially for our tournaments.
- We have agreed with our hotel partners to make all of out tournaments “STAY TO PLAY”, as this allows them to block out sufficient rooms many months in advance and guarantee the lowest rates.
- Our hotel partners are contractually obligated to not feature lower rates on any 3rd party booking sites. This gurarantees you the lowest price. If you find a lower price at our partner properties let us know.
- Without this partnership with the hotels and teams taking advantage of this process, CT USSSA would not be able to provide as high a quality tournament and all the amenities that go with it without significant increases in tournament fees.
CT USSSA and the Connecticut Convention & Sports Bureau (CTCSB) have worked hard with our hotel partners to provide teams with a great inventory of team-friendly and quality hotel properties all at excellent prices. Most properties include FREE breakfast FREE parking and a pool. Our hotel inventory has all the name brand hotels teams come to expect such as Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, Holiday Inn, Best Western, Marriott, Comfort Inn and more. Local teams and teams choosing to commute to the tournaments, of course, are not obligated to use a hotel. But teams that are staying in hotels must use the USSSA system to book their room blocks. If a hotel you want to use is not on our list contact us and we will do our best to work with them to be added to our system. However, if the hotel does not wish to participate you will need to pick a participating hotel.
Guest Player Program
One of the most frequent requests we get is what to do when injuries or other unforeseen circumstances leave a team short or with insufficient pitchers or catchers to compete in a tournament.
In CT we use a GUEST PLAYER PROGRAM for events played in CT, MA or RI. A Guest Player is defined as a player borrowed from another team (from inside or outside the team's organization) for a specific tournament under specific circumstances.
For all the details, Click Here.